||Mt. Pleasant, Rosebush, Shepherd, Weidman, Farwell, Midland, Edmore, Stanton, Vestaburg, Greenville, Big Rapids, Barryton
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for around the clock care of residents, home, and property. DCW’s assist with daily household chores, personal hygiene, transportation, and doctor’s visits; while providing attentive and caring supervision of residents.
• Must be able to pass recipient rights, physical intervention, behavior modifications, as well as other training requirements set forth by the State of Michigan
• Effectively communicate to other staff, managers, doctors, and other professionals that contact the home
• Responsible for the reading of and comprehension of medical prescriptions, client programs, data sheets, and misc. written instructions
• Follow and administer nursing care plan person center planning
• Tolerate hot working conditions and remain productive
• Able to follow and cook prescribed diets
• Responsible for emergency situations that would require you to take control of the situation while thinking clearly and responsibly in an emergency
• Aid residents with grooming, personal hygiene, and toileting needs
• Able to follow two man approved lifting technique, should be able to assist in lifting a 200 lb. Person
• Responsible for executing the Duty List provided by each home; which includes, but is not limited to tasks such as; all housekeeping for the house, shopping, laundry and ironing, cooking, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality of clients, other staff, and the business of MQCSI
• Additional duties as needed
• Avoid all forms of misconduct i.e.(theft, sexual harassment, forgery, abuse or neglect, gossiping, sleeping, excessive absenteeism, excessive tardiness, drugs, alcohol, job duties, criminal convictions, fighting, unauthorized visitors)
• You may be required to stay after your regular scheduled shift until relief can be found.
• You may be mandated to work beyond your regular schedule.
• You will be responsible to attend community outings with residents.
• Strong commitment to providing quality client care
• Must pass Physical/TB tests