SUMMARY: This position is responsible for around the clock care of residents, home, and property. DCW’s assist with daily household chores, personal hygiene, transportation, and doctor’s visits; while providing attentive and caring supervision of residents.
- Must be able to pass recipient rights, physical intervention, behavior modifications, as well as other training requirements set forth by the State of Michigan
- Effectively communicate to other staff, managers, doctors, and other professionals that contact the home
- Responsible for the reading of and comprehension of medical prescriptions, client programs, data sheets, and misc. written instructions
- Follow and administer nursing care plan person center planning
- Tolerate hot working conditions and remain productive
- Able to follow and cook prescribed diets
- Responsible for emergency situations that would require you to take control of the situation while thinking clearly and responsibly in an emergency
- Aid residents with grooming, personal hygiene, and toileting needs
- Able to follow two man approved lifting technique, should be able to assist in lifting a 200 lb. Person
- Responsible for executing the Duty List provided by each home; which includes, but is not limited to tasks such as; all housekeeping for the house, shopping, laundry and ironing, cooking, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients, other staff, and the business of MQCSI
- Additional duties as needed
- Avoid all forms of misconduct i.e.(theft, sexual harassment, forgery, abuse or neglect, gossiping, sleeping, excessive absenteeism, excessive tardiness, drugs, alcohol, job duties, criminal convictions, fighting, unauthorized visitors)
- You may be required to stay after your regular scheduled shift until relief can be found.
- You may be mandated to work beyond your regular schedule.
- You will be responsible to attend community outings with residents.
- Strong commitment to providing quality client care
- Must pass Physical/TB tests
- Must be able to complete and pass FBI Fingerprint Check, CPR, First Aid, Recipient Rights, and Universal Precautions within first 30 days of employment
- Complete required Direct Care Worker training defined by the State of Michigan within 6 months of employment
- Must have a valid Driver’s License